FR | DE | LU | EN


History

  • 1890

    Jean Nicolas Clement creates the groundwork for the establishment of the bus company, by combining the stage –coaches with the public transport.

    1901

    Start of the first official public transport connection between Heffingen, Bourglinster and Luxembourg.

    1923

    The horse carriages are replaced by buses.

  • 1934

    Heinrich Clement, son of Jean Nicolas Clement assumes now the management of the company. On this occasion, he orders 2 new buses to create the regional “Grünewald Express”.

    1945

    During the second World War, most of the company goods are confiscated. In spite of the raw conditions, Heinrich Clement continued to provide company services as much as possible.

    1964

    Josy Clement, son of Heinrich Clement, now takes over the family business.
  • 1978

    On March 1st, agreements are signed between the public transport service ‘RGTR’ and the associations of bus operators AELLA and CRL. They join forces to build a stronger federation.
    That’s how the FLEAA (Fédération Luxembourgeoise des Exploitants d’Autobus et Autocars) is created and elects its first board of directors on December 19th. Josy Clement is part of those 23 founding members.

    1997

    Jean Clement, son of Josy Clement, becomes head of the family company.
  • 2016

    Voyages Josy Clement wins the award 2016 for security and health at workplace, which is awarded every two years by the public accident insurers.
    Also the quality label for social responsibility in business is awarded to the company by the National Institute for Sustainability and Social Innovation.
    In this context and to support social diversity, Voyages Josy Clement signs the official national Charter for Diversity.

    Finally, the highlight of this year will be the construction of a new bus depot in Junglinster.